Terms & Conditions
These terms are not negotiable and by accepting an entry to the event via the BREAKOUT BRISBANE registration system you are hereby acknowledging your acceptance of our terms and conditions (For competitors under 18, a parent or guardian must accept). As a Team
Captain of a team, I agree to these terms and conditions of entry on behalf of my team members.
WARNING: This is a legal document that affects your rights, if you are uncertain or uncomfortable with some of the conditions of registration then we recommend that you obtain advice to ensure you understand and accept the conditions of entry.
I agree to participate in this event on the following basis:
- I acknowledge that competitive events involve the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, and course or weather conditions and other causes.
- I understand that I should not participate in this event unless I will be in a fit state to complete the event safely. I acknowledge that if I am aware of an existing medical condition and uncertain of my state of fitness then a medical practitioner should verify my physical condition.
- By participating, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation that could result in injury, loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include BREAKOUT BRISBANE, event sponsors, event marshals and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that event organisers think desirable during or after the event.
- I have provided or attached to my entry form details of any medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. I accept the risk of participating despite these conditions. I have supplied an emergency contact name and number, this person is contactable both during and after the event and is not another participant.
- Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision and race safety briefings), are a service to me and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety.
- My registration is not transferable to other people or other events. Any attempt to transfer my entry or allow another person to participate under my name without the event organisers’ knowledge may result in total cancellation without refund, insurance being deemed void and inability to enter further BREAKOUT BRISBANE events.
- If I wish to withdraw from the event, the following cancellation policy will apply:
For teams entering into pre-existing challenges:
- Bookings cancelled >48 hours prior to the event will be fully refunded
- Bookings cancelled <48 hours prior to the event will be refunded 50%
For custom made events:
- Bookings cancelled 6 or more weeks out from event will be fully refunded
- Bookings cancelled 3 – 5 weeks prior to the event 25% of the deposit will be refunded
- Bookings cancelled 0 – 2 weeks prior to the event the deposit cannot be refunded
- Event organisers may change the event format, course or other race conditions at their discretion.
If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
- I agree that if the event is cancelled due to storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or other ‘Act of God’ conditions or safety concerns, or if I do not participate in the event for any other reason, my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
- I agree to abide by all race results and directions issued by the event organiser
- I acknowledge and consent to photographs and electronic images being taken of me before, during or after the event by an official representative of the event organiser. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by the event organiser and that the event organiser and event sponsors may use the image for promotional use. These images, my name and my event results may be used for reporting and promotional purposes or other purposes at any time by any form of media without my further consent being necessary. The event organiser is not responsible for photographs and electronic images taken by persons who are not an official representative of the event organiser.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
BREAKOUT BRISBANE will not be liable for replacement of any personal possessions.
- I certify that I am 18 years of age or older, or I am the parent/legal guardian of a child under the age of 18 and I have read this document and understand and accept the terms and conditions it contains.